The CNoR station building at Entrance (Old Entrance) is still in existance today, also a log school
house constructed in 1923 and the cabin home of James Shand-Harvey constructed in 1921 are still
standing. The station building has been saved from destruction and it's prominent features have been
preserved. As a private residence and main house for Old Entrance Bed 'n Breakfast Cabins the
original railway station building is not generally accessible to the public. The building is visible
from the old railway grade driveway.
Application was made to Alberta Historical Resources Foundation to have the Old Entrance site designated a historic site, however designation was refused. Cost shared funding was available through the Alberta Historical Resources Foundation on a 50:50 cost sharing basis for materials for preservation of historical features on privately owned historic buildings. With limited financial assistance of the Foundation, a beneficiary of lottery fund proceeds, the cost of replacing the sawn cedar roof shingles and custom sized double-hung windows to original specifications was undertaken in 1999.
The station building is a CNoR Type 'C' station. These stations were built and operated in the western mountain areas where little local business could be expected and were designed as a combined station and section house. While few Type 'C' depots survive today, at one time there were more than forty of this style located in western Alberta and British Columbia.
The roof line is the most prominent identifying feature of these structures. The first storey is covered by a low gable roof, part of which forms the heavily braced awning running the full front length, with one dormer on each side. The Old Entrance station had pine board drop siding and cedar shingles on the roof and upper floor exterior walls.